News from Cameroon – Stay updated !
Watch and listen to news resources from Cameroon.
There are several ways, radio, tv, written and social media, to stay updated on what is happening right now in the country, find some selected news sources in the menu below.
If you have found a news source you think is missing, you can read or write comments and ask questions in the disqus field below.
- Separatists-for-Hire Suspected in Intercommunal Killings[VOA] Yaounde, Cameroon -- Villagers in a western Cameroon town bordering Nigeria say armed men carried out a series of attacks from June 25 to 27, killing at least 30 people, including five Nigerians, and forcing hundreds to flee.
- Killings, Kidnappings, Stripping Girls Naked Part of Cameroon Separatist Abuses, HRW Says[RFI] Killing and attacking civilians, attacking education facilities, kidnapping workers, stripping schoolgirls naked and beating them are just a few of the abuses Cameroonian separatists have carried out on the civilian population in the Anglophone regions, according to a new report by Human Rights Watch.
- New Report Blames Separatists in Cameroon for Gross Human Rights Violations[VOA] Yaounde, Cameroon -- A Human Rights Watch report released Monday says separatists in Cameroon are increasingly brutal in their attacks. Human Rights Watch says separatists have committed murders, are using rape as a weapon, and have carried out at least 80 abductions since January.
- Separatist Groups Commit Rights Abuses, HRW Says[DW] Separatist groups in Cameroon's Anglophone region have become increasingly more violent, Human Rights Watch (HRW) said in a report on Monday.
- Separatist Fighters Accused of Killings, Rape, Abductions[HRW] Prosecute, Sanction Fighters for Crimes Against Civilians
- Govt Deploys Hundreds of Troops to Protect 40,000 People Displaced By Boko Haram[VOA] Yaounde -- Cameron has deployed hundreds of troops along its border with Nigeria after attacks by Boko Haram militants forced more than 40,000 villagers over the past two months to flee the area. Cameroon's defense minister is visiting the border to assess the security situation and assure villagers that it is safe to return […]
- Broken Promises - Cameroon's Troubled Disarmament Initiative[The New Humanitarian] Buea, Cameroon -- 'The movement has changed - it's now about kidnapping, stealing, and demanding ransoms.'
- Govt Woos Potential Disapora Investors, but Faces Distrust[VOA] Yaounde -- Cameroon's President Paul Biya has for the first time sent a delegation to Europe to try to encourage well-off Cameroonians living there to invest back home. But members of Cameroon's diaspora say undemocratic practices and corruption in Biya's government put off investors.
- Women Refugees in Cameroon Struggle to Survive[VOA] Ngam, Cameroon -- Cameroon hosts about 460,000 refugees and asylum-seekers, most of them women and children who escaped violence in the Central African Republic and Nigeria. But while they have found safety in Cameroon, women refugees are not always welcomed by locals, and struggle to survive.
- Cameroon, Central African Republic Agree to Demarcate Border[VOA] Yaounde -- Cameroon and the Central African Republic have agreed to demarcate several hundred kilometers of their shared border. The countries have have competing claims to villages and towns along the porous, undefined border. The two sides also vowed joint efforts to stop violence along the border, where Central African rebels have been hiding […]
Other recommended news: