News from Central African Republic – Stay updated !
Watch and listen to news resources from Central African Republic.
There are several ways, radio, tv, written and social media, to stay updated on what is happening right now in the country, find some selected news sources in the menu below.
If you have found a news source you think is missing, you can read or write comments and ask questions in the disqus field below.
- France Opens War Crimes Probe in Connection With French Drinks Company Groupe Castel in CAR[RFI] French anti-terrorism prosecutors in Paris are investigating allegations connected to Groupe Castel for possible complicity in war crimes in the Central African Republic (CAR), according to Reuters newswire, citing a source close to the matter.
- Peace Process Languishing, Despite Escalating Attacks, UN Security Council Told[UN News] Efforts are underway to reinvigorate the Central African Republic's political process, which has lapsed into a state of "de facto lethargy" even as horrific attacks against civilians have risen, the senior UN official in the country told the Security Council on Wednesday.
- Cameroon, Central African Republic Agree to Demarcate Border[VOA] Yaounde -- Cameroon and the Central African Republic have agreed to demarcate several hundred kilometers of their shared border. The countries have have competing claims to villages and towns along the porous, undefined border. The two sides also vowed joint efforts to stop violence along the border, where Central African rebels have been hiding […]
- Top Woman Prison Officer With UN Mission in CAR Wins First Ever Trailblazer Award[UN News] The creator of a women-only rapid intervention team who leads riot control activities inside the Central African Republic's biggest all male high-security prison, was named the winner of a prestigious new UN award on Tuesday.
- CAR Hold Black Stars[Ghanaian Times] The Black Stars of Ghana maintained their top position on the AFCON 2023 qualifying Group E table despite sharing the spoils with Central African Republic (CAR) in their match day two game played in Angola, yesterday.
- Cameroon, CAR Join Forces to Fight Rebels On Border[VOA] Yaounde, Cameroon -- A commission of senior security and state officials from the troubled Central African Republic and Cameroon has agreed to jointly fight armed C.A.R. rebels they say are fleeing intensive fighting and infiltrating refugee camps in Cameroon. After concluding a meeting in the border town of Ngaoundere, the delegations said they will […]
- Central African Republic Refugees Leave Cameroon On Promises of Peace[VOA] Gado Badzere, Cameroon -- Central African Republic refugees in Cameroon have started returning home after fleeing political and sectarian violence there since 2014. There are around 300,000 C.A.R. refugees in Cameroon, most of them women and children. Hundreds have agreed to return home after Bangui promised peace has returned to their towns and villages.
Other recommended news: