News from DR Congo – Stay updated !
Watch and listen to news resources from DR Congo.
There are several ways, radio, tv, written and social media, to stay updated on what is happening right now in the country, find some selected news sources in the menu below.
If you have found a news source you think is missing, you can read or write comments and ask questions in the disqus field below.
- Intelsat's Cellbackhaul Offers DRC Mobile Operators a New Business to Reach Remote Areas Not Connected to Fibre[Balancing Act] London -- With the growing spread of regional and national fibre, satellite operators have had to come up with new ways of selling their connectivity for mobile backhaul. Russell Southwood spoke to Intelsat's Senior Vice President Global Sales Media & Networks, Jean-Philippe Gillet.
- Tshisekedi Opens a Pandora's Box in Eastern DR Congo[ISS] By allowing Uganda and Burundi to enter the troubled region to pursue their enemies, Tshisekedi has provoked a backlash from Kagame.
- The Unseen Trial of Congo's 'Phantom Spymaster' and What It Means[African Arguments] The veteran political operator François Beya Kasonga had been one of the president's inner circle, until his sudden arrest.
- Remains of Independence Hero Patrice Lumumba Return to Congo[RFI] The remains of the first post-independence Congolese leader Patrice Lumumba arrived Wednesday in the Democratic Republic Congo, more than six decades after his assassination. The remains will go on tour around the country, before being laid to rest in the capital, Kinshasa, next week.
- 'Total Success'? the Real Goals of Uganda's Operation Shujaa in DRC[African Arguments] Joint Ugandan-Congolese military exercises may have more to do with securing roads and oil than rooting out rebels.
- Angolan Government and UNHCR Prepare Return of DRC Refugees[ANGOP] Lóvua -- The Angolan Government and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) are creating conditions for resuming the repatriation of refugees from the Democratic Republic of Congo sheltered at Lóvua locality, in Angola's north-east region.
- "We Need Boots On Ground" - Museveni, East African Leaders Agree to Deploy Troops in DRC[Nile Post] President Yoweri Museveni together with his East African counterparts on Monday met and agreed to the proposed deployment of a regional standby force in Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Leaders Agree On Regional Force to Tackle Rise of Militias in DRC[RFI] East African leaders agreed Monday to send in a regional force to try to end fighting in the east of the Democratic Republic of Congo, and called for an immediate ceasefire.
- Leaders Urged to Act As Persecution of Tutsi in DR Congo Intensifies[New Times] The lives of Tutsi in DR Congo are in great danger as they continually become targets by machete-wielding mobs threatening to kill them.
- Sudan Beats DR Congo 2-1 in Omdurman[SudaNow] Khartoum -- Sudan beat DR Congo in Omdurman last, goals in either half from Waleed Bakhet and Mohamed Abdel Rahman gave Sudan the lead and a comfortable cushion against Les Leopards, who scored a late goal by Jonathan Bolingi.
Other recommended news: