News from Guinea – Stay updated !
Watch and listen to news resources from Guinea.
There are several ways, radio, tv, written and social media, to stay updated on what is happening right now in the country, find some selected news sources in the menu below.
If you have found a news source you think is missing, you can read or write comments and ask questions in the disqus field below.
- Latest Attack Against Peacekeepers Leaves Guinean 'Blue Helmet' Dead - UN[UN News] The Secretary-General strongly condemned on Sunday, an attack in Kidal, a city in northern Mali, against a convoy of UN peacekeepers that claimed the life of a blue helmet.
- Call for Respect of the Rights to Freedom of Expression, Association and Peaceful Assembly[HRW] Joint letter to the Prime Minister
- Guinea Prosecutor Deepens Probe Into Protest Killing[VOA] Conakry, Guinea -- A Guinean public prosecutor on Monday ordered a list of all police officers present when a young man was killed during demonstrations last week, in a significant shift from past practice.
- ECOWAS Maintains Sanctions On Mali, Calls for Transition in Burkina Faso, Guinea[RFI] West African leaders meeting in Accra have decided to uphold sanctions against Mali, along with the suspension of Burkina Faso and Guinea from the bloc. The measures could be lifted if the military rulers in all three countries speed up plans for a return to civilian rule.
- Military Junta Dismisses UN Calls to End Ban On Protests[RFI] The ruling junta in Guinea-Conakry has rejected a call from the United Nations to lift a ban on political demonstrations, insisting protests should only be allowed during the election period in three years' time.
Other recommended news: