News from Liberia – Stay updated !
Watch and listen to news resources from Liberia.
There are several ways, radio, tv, written and social media, to stay updated on what is happening right now in the country, find some selected news sources in the menu below.
If you have found a news source you think is missing, you can read or write comments and ask questions in the disqus field below.
- President Weah Takes Cabinet Retreat to Ganta[Govt of Liberia] Monrovia -- The President of the Republic, H.E. Dr. George Manneh Weah, will next week chair a four-day Cabinet Retreat in the City of Ganta, Nimba County.
- President Weah Hails Liberia-Us Relations - Says History Hardens 'Our Umbilical Cord'[Govt of Liberia] Monrovia -- The President of the Republic, H.E. Dr. George Manneh Weah, has exalted the diplomatic relationship between Liberia and the United States, describing it as historic and mutually rewarding.
- ALCOD's Eminent Chairman Wettee Hopeful Dual Citizenship Bill Will Pass[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- The Eminent Chairman of the All-Liberian Conference on Dual Citizenship (ALCOD), Chairman Emmanuel S. Wettee, has expressed hope to newsmen and women that the Bill on dual citizenship will definitely be passed into law in spite of the hiccups it is facing at the moment.
- The Danger of Western Cluster Trucking Iron Ore From Bomi to the Freeport of Monrovia[FrontPageAfrica] On June 8, 2022, Western Cluster Liberia (WCL) broke grounds to begin iron ore mining in Bomi Hill, Bomi County. The project is a 25-year Mineral Development Agreement (MDA) signed between the Government of Liberia and the company in 2011.
- Pres. Weah Pledges U.S.$1 Million to Get At-Risk Youth Off the Streets As Govt, Partners Launch Fund Drive[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- The Government of Liberia and its development partners on Thursday launched the National Fund Drive for the Rehabilitation and Empowerment of At-Risk Youth (Zogos), with the President of the country, Dr. George Manneh Weah calling on all citizens and friends of Liberia to take urgent and concerted action to address the problem […]
- CDC-Backed Independent Candidate in Comfortable Lead in Just-Ended Lofa Senatorial By-Election[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- Cllr. Joseph Jallah, a proxy candidate of the ruling Coalition for Democratic Change (CDC) in Tuesday's senatorial by-election in Lofa County, has taken a wide margin lead in the contest.
- Pres. Weah Presses Ahead With Stand-Off With Arcelormittal MDA Renegotiation[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- The fate of the third amendment to ArcelorMittal Mineral Development Agreement (MDA) continues to hang in the balance as President George Weah remains firm with his decision in backing the House of Representatives' to call for the re-negotiation of the deal.
- Deputy Speaker Fonati Koffa Submits Bill for the Abolition of Female Genital Mutilation[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- The Deputy Speaker of the House, Cllr. J. Fonati Koffa, has put forth a bill intended to end the cutting of women (Female Genital Mutilation) - a practice the country has been struggling to end.
- Israeli Ambassador, Liberian NGO Empower Single Women With Livelihood Skills[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- Israeli Ambassador accredited to Liberia, Ghana and Sierra Leone, H. E. Shlomit Sufa, has announced Israel's commitment to supporting Liberian women and girls in line with the government's Pro-poor Agenda for Peace and Prosperity including women's economic independence and empowerment.
- 'PFM Reform Is an Effective Tool for Equitability in Public Service Delivery' - Deputy Minister Brunson Says[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -- Deputy Minister of Budget and Development Planning Tanneh G. Brunson has said that the Public Financial Management Reform policy is an effective tool for equitability in public service delivery.
Other recommended news: