News from Libya – Stay updated !
Watch and listen to news resources from Libya.
There are several ways, radio, tv, written and social media, to stay updated on what is happening right now in the country, find some selected news sources in the menu below.
If you have found a news source you think is missing, you can read or write comments and ask questions in the disqus field below.
- UN Highlights Need to Speed up Progress Towards National Elections[UN News] Leaders in Libya must resolve outstanding issues so that long-awaited presidential and parliamentary elections can finally be held, UN political affairs chief Rosemary DiCarlo told the Security Council on Monday.
- Libya - MSF Calls for Evacuation of Most Vulnerable Migrants to Safe Countries[MSF] Paris - Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) calls on European and north American states, among others, to offer protection to migrants currently trapped in Libya. There needs to be an urgent acceleration in the evacuation of the most vulnerable people by strengthening existing mechanisms and opening alternative pathways for them to leave the country.
- Out of Libya - Opening Safe Pathways for Migrants Stuck in Libya[MSF] Since the start of MSF's migration projects in Libya in 2016, we have repeatedly faced the same challenges: the impossibility of protecting migrants inside Libya, of ensuring continuity of care for serious physical and mental conditions, and of rehabilitating victims of torture. Whether inside or outside detention centres, MSF medical teams encounter migrants who […]
- Groundhog Day in Libya[ISS] Once again, Libya is caught in a debilitating impasse between rival governments in Tripoli and Tobruk.
- The Crisis in Libya's Two Rival Governments Requires Greater International Attention[Daily Maverick] Once again, Libya is caught in a debilitating impasse between competing factions in Tripoli and Tobruk.
- Joint Letter - Human Rights Organizations Call for Renewal of UN Fact-Finding Mission On Libya[HRW] 16 June 2022
- 141 Sudanese Migrants Return From Libya As Part of EU Initiative[Dabanga] Khartoum -- 141 Sudanese migrants voluntarily returned from Benghazi and Tobruk in Libya to Khartoum Airport on Tuesday, as part of the joint initiative between the European Union and the International Organisation for Migration (EU-IOM).
- Q&A - Why Documenting Libya's Detention Abuses Is So Important[The New Humanitarian] Boston/Dublin -- 'We've moved from the monetisation of movement to the monetisation of captivity.'
- Inside Gashora Transit Centre Hosting Refugees From Libya[New Times] In 2017, Libya started making headlines in news outlets around the world.
- Govt Evacuates 166 Victims of Trafficking, Others From Libya[Daily Trust] The Federal Government has repatriated another 166 stranded Nigerans from Libya who were victims of human trafficking.
Other recommended news: