News from Mauritius – Stay updated !
Watch and listen to news resources from Mauritius.
There are several ways, radio, tv, written and social media, to stay updated on what is happening right now in the country, find some selected news sources in the menu below.
If you have found a news source you think is missing, you can read or write comments and ask questions in the disqus field below.
- Tourists Troop Back to Mauritius[CAJ News] Port Louis -- Mauritius has received over 500,000 visitors since October last year when the country reopened its borders.
- Minister Bholah Elaborates On Activities Planned for International Day of Cooperatives 2022[Government of Mauritius] A series of activities will be organised to mark the 100th edition of the International Day of Cooperatives, to be observed on 02 July 2022, announced the Minister of Industrial Development, SMEs and Cooperatives, Mr Soomilduth Bholah, today, during a press conference in Port-Louis.
- Minister Hurreeram and Rodriguan Delegation Visit Construction Site of A1-M1 Bridge[Government of Mauritius] The Minister of National Infrastructure and Community Development, Mr Mahendranuth Sharma Hurreeram, accompanied by a Rodriguan delegation led by the Deputy Chief Commissioner of Rodrigues, Mr Franceau Aubret Grandcourt, effected, today, a site visit at the construction site of the A1-M1 Bridge at the Grand River North West Valley. The aim of […]
- Singapore's High Commissioner to Mauritius Presents Letter of Credence to President Roopun[Government of Mauritius] The Singapore's non-resident High Commissioner to the Republic of Mauritius, Mr Lim Ming Yan, presented his letter of credence to the President of the Republic of Mauritius, Mr Prithvirajsing Roopun, at the State House in Réduit, today.
- Virtual Workshop Focusses On Investment Treaties and Climate Change #AfricaClimateCrisis[Government of Mauritius] The Regional Centre of Excellence of the Financial Services Commission, Mauritius (FSC), in collaboration with the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), organised, yesterday in Ebène, a virtual workshop on the theme "Investment Treaties and Climate Change: Supporting climate-friendly investment and policy space for climate action". Some 293 participants from 46 […]
- IMF Executive Board Concludes 2022 Article Iv Consultation With Mauritius[IMF] Washington, DC: The Executive Board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) concluded the Article IV consultation  with Mauritius on a lapse-of-time basis. 
- Yepad - Minister Jagutpal Calls for a Concerted Approach to Combat Drug Scourge[Government of Mauritius] A Training of Trainers' Programme, under the Youth Empowerment Programme Against Drugs (YEPAD), aimed at engaging community members in the combat against drug scourge, was launched, yesterday, at the Rivière des Anguilles Social Hall.
- Omanyala Targets World Champs Medal and a 9.6sec Cherry On Top After Ruling Africa[Capital FM] Nairobi -- African Champion and record holder Ferdinand Omanyala now wants to medal at the World Championship and clinch a Commonwealth Games gold after ruling the continent with a title win in Mauritius last week.
- Top of the Continent! Kenya Finishes Top of Medal Standings at Africa Athletics Championship[Capital FM] Nairobi -- For the fifth time, Kenya finished top of the medal standings at the Africa Senior Athletics Championship which ended in Mauritius on Sunday, after accumulating 23 medals in the five-day Championship.
- Gina Bass Claims Women's 100M Title in Mauritius[The Point] The Gambia and African best female sprinter, Gina Bass won the women's 100m contest at the African Championships in Cote d'Or, Mauritius on Thursday.
Other recommended news: