News from Mozambique – Stay updated !
Watch and listen to news resources from Mozambique.
There are several ways, radio, tv, written and social media, to stay updated on what is happening right now in the country, find some selected news sources in the menu below.
If you have found a news source you think is missing, you can read or write comments and ask questions in the disqus field below.
- Parliamentarians Want Prisons Moved Away From Central Maputo[AIM] Maputo -- Parliamentarians of the Commission for Constitutional Affairs, Human Rights and Legality (CACDHL) of the Mozambican Parliament (Assembly of the Republic), have called for moving prisons from the central areas of Maputo City to the outskirts.
- Minister of Interior Demands Services Free From Corruption[AIM] Maputo -- The Mozambican Interior Minister, Arsénia Massingue, has demanded humanized, organized and quick provision of services in the National Immigration Service (SENAMI), free from corruption.
- Mozambique's Reversal of Fortune[CFR] Mozambique is at a moment of peak international leverage, but faces significant domestic challenges.
- 1 Million People in Conflict-Affected Regions Receive Two Doses of the Covid-19 Vaccine[ICRC] Maputo (ICRC) - Mozambique's national immunization campaign has vaccinated over 1 million people - 75% of the population - in six districts affected by armed conflict in the provinces of Cabo Delgado, Manica, and Sofala with the support of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
- Attacks in Macomia and Mocimboa DA Praia[AIM] Maputo -- Islamist terrorists killed three people and injured a further two in attacks last Thursday, Friday and Saturday in Macomia and Mocimboa da Praia districts in the northern province of Cabo Delgado, according to a report in Monday's issue of the independent newssheet "Carta de Mocambique".
- Covid-19 - 28 New Cases and 146 Recoveries[AIM] Maputo -- The Mozambican health authorities on Sunday reported a further 28 cases of the Covid-19 respiratory disease.
- Commonwealth Supports Fight Against Terrorism[AIM] Kigali -- Mozambican Prime Minister Adriano Maleiane declared in the Rwandan capital, Kigali, on Saturday night, that the member countries of the Commonwealth are agreed on the need to make available support for Mozambique's fight against terrorism in good time, in order to maximise its efficiency.
- Chissano Points to Education As Key to Ending Terrorism[AIM] Maputo -- Former Mozambican president, Joaquim Chissano, believes that education and raising awareness constitute the best ways to fight the terrorism that has been plaguing parts of the northern province of Cabo Delgado since 2017.
- Mozambique Ready to Face Monkey Pox[AIM] Maputo -- The Mozambican government says it is prepared with financial, human and material resources to face monkey pox, a disease that has already been detected in several countries, including neighboring South Africa.
- Covid-19 - 89 New Cases, No Deaths and No Recoveries[AIM] Maputo -- The Mozambican health authorities on Saturday reported a further 89 new cases of the Covid-19 respiratory disease.
Other recommended news: