News from Namibia – Stay updated !
Watch and listen to news resources from Namibia.
There are several ways, radio, tv, written and social media, to stay updated on what is happening right now in the country, find some selected news sources in the menu below.
If you have found a news source you think is missing, you can read or write comments and ask questions in the disqus field below.
- Handcuffed Mayor Presses Charges Against Police[New Era] There was drama at the Wanaheda police station following the arrest of Windhoek mayor Sade Gawanas after a confrontation between her and police officers on patrol broke out at Okahandja Park yesterday. Images of a handcuffed Gawanas emerged on social media platforms yesterday afternoon.
- Gipf to Monitor Contributions for Sustainability[New Era] The latest actuarial report on the Government's Institutions Pension Fund (GIPF) indicates benefits paid by the fund currently exceed contributions collected.
- Middle Finger Allegedly Leads to Mayor's Arrest[Namibian] National police spokesperson deputy commissioner Kauna Shikwambi says the incident which led to Windhoek mayor Sade Gawanas being arrested by the police on Monday started with a middle finger.
- Swapo Has Delivered, Says Shaningwa[Namibian] Swapo secretary general Sophia Shaningwa says the ruling party has delivered basic services such as water and electricity across the country.
- Lung Disease Breaks Out in Ohangwena[New Era] Ongwediva -- The agriculture ministry has cautioned farmers and the public to be on high alert after the outbreak of the Contagious Bovine Pleuropneumonia, commonly known as lung disease.
- Monkeypox - Namibians Urged to Remain Calm[New Era] The health ministry has reiterated its stance on triggering surveillance measures in lieu of the monkeypox outbreak in the world, and especially now that neighbouring South Africa reported its first case yesterday.
- Mental Evaluation for 'Killer Cop'[New Era] A former senior police officer attached to the Women and Child Protection Unit in Keetmanshoop was yesterday ordered to undergo mental observation by Deputy Judge President Hosea Angula when he made a third appearance in the Windhoek High Court.
- Murder Accused Loses 'Conflicted' Lawyer[New Era] A lawyer representing a trial-awaiting man accused of kidnapping, raping and strangling a woman to death, withdrew his services yesterday in the High Court.
- Siblings in Pre-Trial Appearance[New Era] Murder accused siblings who are accused of murdering the young Shannon Wasserfall, made their first pre-trial appearance in the Windhoek High Court yesterday.
- 'Hostile' Witnesses Hamper Corruption Fight[New Era] Swakopmund -- Hostile witnesses and the lack of collaboration or slow response for information crucial to cases from various entities remain a challenge for the Anti-Corruption Commission.
Other recommended news: