News from Seychelles – Stay updated !
Watch and listen to news resources from Seychelles.
There are several ways, radio, tv, written and social media, to stay updated on what is happening right now in the country, find some selected news sources in the menu below.
If you have found a news source you think is missing, you can read or write comments and ask questions in the disqus field below.
- More Sports Tourism Sites Need to Be Developed in Seychelles, Investment Minister Says[Seychelles News Agency] A number of sites have been identified in Seychelles to build facilities for sports tourism activities as part of the government's plan to diversify the tourism industry, a top official recently.
- Fisherman Diving Deeper to Catch Octopus[Africa Renewal] Due to climate change, there are fewer octopuses now and the sea is rougher
- 'Let Us Help Our Brothers and Sisters to Rise and Accomplish Their Dreams,' Says Seychelles' President On National Day[Seychelles News Agency] Seychelles celebrates its National Day today, on 29 June, in remembrance of its Independence Day in 1976, when it gained freedom from British colonial rule.
- Seychelles National Day[State Department] On behalf of the people of the United States, I congratulate the Seychellois people on your forty-sixth anniversary of independence.
- Seychelles' National Archives to Be Housed in a New Building Soon, Sincha Says[Seychelles News Agency] The Seychelles National Institute for Culture, Heritage and the Arts (SINCHA) is looking for an alternative place to house the country's National Archives following the announcement recently that it will no longer be in the same building as the National Library.
- Seychelles' Central Bank Governor Is New Chair of Afpi - First Woman in Post[Seychelles News Agency] The governor of the Central Bank of Seychelles (CBS), Caroline Abel, is the new chairperson of the Africa Financial Inclusion Policy (AfPI) and the first woman to assume this position, the bank said on Monday.
- Investigation Into Ammonia Leak On Spanish Tuna Vessel Begins in Seychelles[Seychelles News Agency] Seychelles' Maritime Accident Investigation Board (MAIB)and its Spanish counterpart will carry out an investigation into an ammonia leak on a Spanish-flagged tuna fishing vessel.
- World's Biggest Nut - New Coco De Mer Products Expected On Market in Seychelles[Seychelles News Agency] New businesses are expected to enter the coco de mer value-added production sector while existing ones may get their permit renewed when a selection committee announces who has been successful with their proposals next week.
- Oil Exploration - Environment and Ocean Protection Come First, Says Seychelles' President #AfricaClimateCrisis[Seychelles News Agency] During a presidential press conference on Monday, Seychelles' President Wavel Ramkalawan responded to a question from SNA asking for information concerning last month's announcement of a proposed agreement for oil exploration by a British oil company in Seychelles' territorial waters.
- Cocaine Trafficking - Namibian Man Sentenced to 5 Years in Seychelles Prison[Seychelles News Agency] A Namibian national has been sentenced to five years in prison by the Seychelles Supreme Court for the offence of conspiracy to import a controlled drug, the Anti-Narcotics Bureau (ANB) said on Wednesday.
Other recommended news: