Search the World - enter sentence or part of word
News from South Africa – Stay updated !
Watch and listen to news resources from South Africa.
There are several ways, radio, tv, written and social media, to stay updated on what is happening right now in the country, find some selected news sources in the menu below.
If you have found a news source you think is missing, you can read or write comments and ask questions in the disqus field below.
- Winter Rainfall Boosts Dam Levels[SAnews.gov.za] While the overall outlook of the national water levels improved slightly week-on-week, the Department of Water and Sanitation reiterated its call to water users to exercise maximum caution when utilising water.
- Load Shedding Downgraded to Stage Four Until 4pm[SAnews.gov.za] Eskom has downgraded Stage 6 load shedding to Stage 4 this morning after the power utility was able to claw back some generation capacity overnight.
- SA Reports 399 New Covid-19 Cases[SAnews.gov.za] South Africa recorded 399 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, bringing the number of laboratory confirmed case to 3 993 843.
- Changes to 2022 Tax Filing Season[SAnews.gov.za] With the filing season getting underway today, the South African Revenue Service (SARS) has made significant changes to the 2022 tax filing season.
- Social Justice Coalition Staff Lay Charges Against Leader Xolani Klaas[GroundUp] New board suspends him
- What's Happening In South African News - July 1, 2022[allAfrica] Cape Town --
- 200 000 Zimbabweans Face Deportation in SA[The Herald] Sikhumbuzo Moyo -- Bulawayo Bureau
- South Africa Dismisses Civic Pressure, Urges Zimbabweans to Ignore False Hope On Special Permits[New Zimbabwe] SOUTH Africa has dismissed attempts by the Helen Suzman Foundation (HSF) to reverse its ending of Zimbabwe Exemption Permits (ZEP) as a waste of time and urged Zimbabweans to adhere to new regulations or leave.
- Following a Fungus From Genes to Tree Disease - a Journey in Science[The Conversation Africa] Anyone who reads even a little about science and technology will be familiar by now with the idea of genome sequencing. This process involves breaking an organism's DNA into fragments to study their compositions or sequences. Then the fragments are aligned and merged to reconstruct the original sequence.
- Civic Organisations Denounce Motsoaledi's Attack On Helen Suzman Foundation[Daily Maverick] National civic organisations have condemned the biting comments made by Home Affairs Minister Aaron Motsoaledi about the Helen Suzman Foundation. The comments came after the foundation opened a case against the department for not extending the Zimbabwean Exemption Permit.
Other recommended news: