News from Zambia – Stay updated !
Watch and listen to news resources from Zambia.
There are several ways, radio, tv, written and social media, to stay updated on what is happening right now in the country, find some selected news sources in the menu below.
If you have found a news source you think is missing, you can read or write comments and ask questions in the disqus field below.
- Challenge Laid for Farmers[Times of Zambia] IT seems the trips being undertaken by President Hakainde Hichilema are bearing unimaginable results as evident by the many deals scored with the farmers now put under pressure not only to satisfy the local market but outside as well.
- Zema Boss Calls for Stronger Collaboration On Pesticides, Toxic Substances Control[Times of Zambia] The Zambia Environmental Management Agency (ZEMA) Director General, Douty Chibamba has noted the need to strengthen collaboration with other relevant authorities at points of entry in relation to Pesticides and Toxic Substances (PTS) control.
- Tracing Origins of Muchinga Traditional Ceremony[Times of Zambia] On August 14, 2020, Charles Siame was installed as the new sub-Chief Mwenipoka of the Namwanga people of Chief Katyetye's chiefdom in Isoka district in Muchinga Province.
- Kizz Daniel Apologises for Refusing Flowers From Zambian Fan[Daily Trust] Award-winning singer, Kizz Daniel, has tendered an apology to Zambians for refusing to collect flowers from a lady at the airport.
- Is Maize a 'Political' Crop?[Times of Zambia] FOR many years now maize has continued to occupy a central position in Zambia's agricultural political-economy as both the national staple food and primary smallholder crop.
- Zambian Authorities Arrest Man Accused of Selling Exploitative Videos of Malawian Children[VOA] Blantyre, Malawi -- Authorities in Zambia said they have arrested a Chinese citizen accused of selling exploitative videos of Malawian children. Malawian authorities say they are working to have the man, Lu Ke, returned to Malawi, where rights campaigners say he should face justice.
- Man Arrested in Zambia After Racist Video of Children[Nyasa Times] The Zambian Department of Immigration has arrested errant racist Chinese national, Lu Ke, who is being implicated in racism allegations on children and women in Lilongwe.
- Rejected Boyfriend Killed My Niece, Says Lusaka Woman[Times of Zambia] THE family of a woman who died after allegedly being beaten by a suitor whose advances she spurned says it wants justice to prevail and see her attacker jailed.
- 'IMF Deal On Course'[Times of Zambia] THE Ministry of Finance and National Planning says the Government is expecting the International Monetary Fund (IMF) bailout package to be agreed by the end of this month.
- Eliminating Harmful Practices Affecting Children[Times of Zambia] The African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (ACERWC) has called on African member states to conduct a national study or assessment on harmful practices affecting children on the continent.
Other recommended news: